Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Under Pressure...and saving Fish

I've only had this site for a day, and it's already stressing me out. Chuck is demanding wisdom and pictures of animals...both of which I have plenty of. You know, I did what he said and got a site. Now he's demanding more. Are we sure that crying on his site http://cdoudblog.blogspot.com (see the audio clips) is really his son and not him?

Unlike Chuck, I don't speak to millions of people everyday on the radio and the pressure of putting things out there everyday that some people would read is highly abnormal. I'm going to have to get used to this and think of more interesting things, because so far I'm not doing so well.

Let me tell you about my latest obsession. In my office there is a girl who has 2 goldfish. However, she doesn't care about them, hasn't named them and often wants to send them to their death via the toilet. One is black and one is white with what looks like a piece of sushi on his head. One day, their bowl was so cloudy it looked like the tank had cataracts and the fish were swimming like a paralyzed Mark Spitz. So I took it upon myself to clean that bowl and bring them back from the brink of death. Here is my first bit of wisdom--- something happens between man and beast when a life is spared. It's a connection that cannot be broken. It's very symbiotic and I have to say, those fish look at me with love. I am their savior and they know it. They show the proper respect.

I went on vacation a week ago and when I returned, the black fish was swimming awkwardly and he stayed at the surface. I did some internet research where I have self diagnosed my own gallbladder attack, so I knew I'd find the answer and that I was qualified to play veterinarian. It seems the fish has swim bladder disease and apparently feeding the fish frozen peas will help correct the problem. That's what the internet said, so it must be true. So I've been thawing green peas for this fish, but the problem is this. I put the peas in and they quickly float to the bottom, which the black fish can't get to because he's bobbing up at the top like a snorkler. I have literally tried to hand feed this fish, and it's worked some, but he misses more than Stevie Wonder swinging a baseball bat. So, the white fish is getting all of the benefits of the frozen peas. This is frustrating and clearly I have more important things to deal with.

I have decided that I have done all I can do and I'll have to let Darwin take over. I'll continue to feed them, but this hand-feeding bullshit needs to stop. This is taking up way too much of my time and I need to let this go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home