Friday, June 18, 2004

Frappucinos and Unitards

As my two loyal readers know, I have become obsessed with saving the life of a fish at my office. A black goldfish whose life has hung in the balance for a few weeks has become a much larger focal point in my life than it should. However, I am starting to see success with my maniacal hand-feeding, pea thawing therapy. If any of that sounds strange, read my previous post "Under Pressure...and saving Fish" and like an enlightened Buddha it will all come clear, my friends. Today he swam all day long in formal fish fashion. The pomp, the circumstance...it was beautiful. I swear he saluted me with a fin today. There was no floundering, no hovering like a drunken snorkler. What I saw today was quintessential goldfish flotation and it made me proud.

If this fish survives, I can only assume one thing. I have a gift. Nay, I am a fish savior. I'm not quite sure what that should get me, but I'd think at least a free frappucino from Starbucks. So here I sit in my bedroom thinking about my new found super-powers and I realize that I am about to walk a hard road. The same kind that people like Jesus, Ghandi, Aquaman, Spiderman, and all those Superfriends have walked before me. I am apprehensive and contemplative. I may be persecuted and pelted with rotten lettuce, but I believe that's a price I'm willing to pay.

So now the next logical question is, what should my costume look like? Jesus had his robes, the great abs and the crown of thorns. Ghandi had the glasses and Spiderman had the adult unitard. I think I need to do something somewhere between them all. I'm thinking something with a monocle, a headdress of some sort, and something not quite as form fitting as a unitard. This superhero is on Atkins and is making great progress, but isn't ready for a body suit. This is obviously a work in progress. I will see what I come up with over time. A costume can't be taken lightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home