Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Shaft got the Shaft

I have some bad news to report. My beloved fish, Shaft, lost his battle with....life, I guess. I don't think it was his swim bladder that killed him, but I suspect it was Mrs. Plum with a wrench in the billiard room. I have no idea what killed him. I am saddened by this loss, but instead of dwelling on the bad, I will celebrate the good times. I had a nice peaceful ceremony in the Ladies Room with him and had this to say:

"You fought a brave battle, my friend. Men feared you, women loved you. You've lived, you've loved, and you've swum. A fish couldn't ask for more. However, seeing how you're dead, I can see how you'd think you got a raw deal out of this. Just remember that you will live on in my heart. I salute you, my friend, my soldier, my fish. Goodbye, Shaft." (Insert flushing sound here.)


I kindly ask that everyone who reads this takes a moment to think of Shaft. He'd appreciate it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home