Friday, September 23, 2005

Hot Tile in the City

My house morphed from suburban bliss to a ghetto maze in a matter of days --- refrigerator in the living room, stove and dishwasher in the dining room, closet doors lie sideways blocking all the entrances to the kitchen. It looks like one of those pictures given to first graders to circle what was wrong or out of place. In that picture, you'd find my husband on his knees, mortar stained jeans, trowel in hand, buttering 12 inch ceramic tiles. Sweat equity looks good on him.

While taking a break from tiling, a commercial came on with Kate Winslet. Paul paused a moment and said, "I think she's on my list now." The List being the top 3 celebrity women he'd be allowed to have relations with, if the opportunity ever presented itself. "Who is on the list right now?" I asked. The list constantly evolves, so I try to check in periodically.

He wiped mortar from his finger onto his jeans, and said, "Hmmm... haven't really thought about it."

As I looked across our kitchen table at him, that was now in the middle of our living room, I said, "I bet a woman who could lay some tile would rate pretty high. Carol Earle would be topping your list."

He said,"Yeah, she's looking pretty hot right now."

For those of you who don't know who Carol Earle is, she's one of the stars of the Romantic Ramblings blog. Watch out, John. My stellar golfer of a husband has his eye on your lady.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

T.,

Does the fact that my daughter Amy is staying there have anything to do with your family's apparent fey mood? She (Amy) IS known as "number two," her mom being, of course, "number one."

She's probably a pretty mean tiler in her own right. Of course, you two are too busy making money for your mutual employer to be doing any home improvement, right?

(Man, I'm sure glad Carol doesn't work outside the home. That coulda been ME down there laying all that tile!)

John

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad: YOU laying tile? AS IF!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

T: So, I know who's on my list, who's on yours?

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger T. said...

Duke, no Amy's presence hear has nothing to do with our fey moods. It's merely spoiled, white collar workers whining about manual labor.

As for who is on my list, Christina, it is an ever evolving trinity. Currently it's Brad Pitt, Matt Damon & Conan O'Brien. Odd mix, but I figure I got all my bases covered: eye candy, a little sensitive writer, and a funny, smart guy.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad Pitt is on my list as well, along with Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler. I guess I like the rocker type...

Looking forward to your next new post!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

What? No Tom Cruise? After all, everybody needs a night off...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home